Natural Resource Stewardship
Sunol AgPark Natural Resource Stewardship Goals:
1. Protect and enhance natural resources through activities integral to and integrated with the sustainable agriculture practices.
2. Work with the USDA NRCS and ACRCD to complete the Conservation Plan for the AgPark and implement the conservation practices called for in the plan. Implement additional resource protection practices as needed.
3. Develop and maintain the AgPark hedgerow and filter strip and other common areas in order to prevent negative impacts to ground water and adjacent streams from farming practices and to provide enhanced habitat for pollinators and beneficial insects.
4. Effectively engage stewardship volunteers to assist AgPark staff with the planning, installation and maintenance of the filter strip.
5. Promote and facilitate experimentation and research that supports the goals of the AgPark agriculture and natural resources components.