National Conversation on the Future of Our Communities Compendium
Sibella Kraus’ “A Call for New Ruralism” was recently selected by the national Smart Growth Network as one of 20 papers included in the National Conversation on the Future of Our Communities Compendium.
This paper proposes the concept of “New Ruralism”—the preservation and enhancement of urban edge, rural agricultural areas as places that are indispensable to the economic, environmental, social, and cultural vitality of cities and metropolitan regions—as a framework for creating a bridge between sustainable agriculture and smart growth.
|Coyote Valley Report
A project of the San Francisco Bay Area Program of the California Coastal Conservancy
The Social Dimensions of Sustainability and Change in Diversified Farming Systems
An article in Ecology & Society
|Bay Area Food Landscapes
Supplement with articles and map in Bay Nature Magazine, October 2011
Each of these PDF publications is associated with a SAGE Project page.
- San Francisco Foodshed Assessment
- Farming in the Watershed Curriculum
- Sustaining Our Agricultural Bounty an Assessment of Agriculture in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Urban Edge Agricultural Parks Toolkit
- Urban Edge Agricultural Parks Feasibility Study
- Farmers’ Market Resource Kit
- Kids Cook Farm Fresh Foods Curriculum
For publication ordering information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
**If you found these free resources useful please consider donating**